View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 10:30 PM   #84
Schtoo

Default Re: I'm conflicted. AU or BA or BF XR8 coupe-utility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordie View Post
If you are after sound AU 5.0 Windsor has a good note with the right exhaust. Holden 5.0 has a really good sound too.

Yes, I can't fault that but if I want Holden, a good mate is working on one of them, and I get that sound fix there.

Besides which, in my family Holden are cursed so I'd prefer to avoid them in possible so I don't tempt fate. Not reliability, just every one we've ever owned has come to a sad end...

Ford, 56 years continuously, never had an issue. Although that XC I had I wish met an early demise, but it just refused to go gracefully or ungracefully...

Had a chat with someone from work yesterday, who's a long time Holden mechanic and a Ford tragic, told me what to look out for especially on the VU that's on the horizon and what to look out for in a BA/BF. He's got an AU something (not sure what) and one of them would be absolutely viable as well and he's offered to come with me to suss something out. Not that I can't work out what's going on myself, but another human on the case with finer tuned senses never hurts. ;)

(He's probably around here somewhere. I'd be surprised if he wasn't...)

Looking into things further, I think I'll try and get a hold of an AU manual, a BA II Manual (T56) or a BF anything (not adverse to a good ZF) so long as everything else on the animal turns out decent. Been warned about clutches, might be something to consider tweaking fairly early on.

It's only because my commute is short and usually painless that I'm considering a manual.

And if that VU is what I end up with, slushbox and all, the Ministeress of war and finance has suggested the baby poop colour would be satisfactory with scatterings of flowers, as though they're sprouting from mud. I'd do it too, just because it would be bound to upset those wound up too tightly.

What I like in this picture is that she's not only not against my getting something I want, but she's trying to make a garden out of a turd.

Stu.
Schtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: