Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #7945
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
jeez, this Government has poured heaps of money into quarantine facilities.

What is happening to all those people coming into Darwin? Where are they being housed again? for 2 weeks?

It has me absolutely bewildered why you put a plane load of potentially infected people in the middle of the countries largest cities - it's like WTF?????

And all those SCREAMS of "use the ADF" would be answered if we housed them at Defence Facilities
Actually a certain state premier originally wanted the quarantine facility close to the airport so to not put populated areas at risk. However the health department had already done the deals with the CBD hotels, and given the short time frame which was given to set up, they could not realistically change the decision at that point in time. I won't mention his name, but tullamarine was the area where this chairman wanted the quarantine facilities to be. I believe this info came to light during the inquiry.

Having said that, I don't think location is the only talking point. The virus didn't sneak out on its own. It relied on people. Even if you had the quarantine in a remote location, if the workers are taking it home or sharing it through multiple shifts in different locations, the same thing would have happened.