View Single Post
Old 21-02-2024, 09:00 PM   #6794
Alistair Broadbent
AlBro

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi - a long time now since signing up... but finally here with an intro. of sorts.
Probably best described by youth as an 'Old Fart' - I allow lies from my mirror by not putting on my specs, but, I have to admit: My best laugh is when I look without my falsies in❗
I've yet to update my profile in the forum - another 'Ill get around to it'.

The longish😊description of my Car: 2013 Ford Territory SZ TS Wagon 7seat 5door Seq Sport Shift 6sp 2.7DT (Turbo Diesel Common rail injection).
Labelled “TDCi”. It is not 4WD.
Fitted with the side steps, chip & wind spoilers, original crossbars (Ford Sx Sy Sz Territory Carry Bars 80Kg Roof Racks Blk), and lockable. [Now not available. Part Number: SX18320AB. (Interestingly - Designed for Ford , in New Zealand by a company since taken over by Yakima)]. To them, I attach a removable (lockable) Yakima ShowDown Kayak lifter which carries my Kayak and paddle well (The paddle is secured with Yakima AceO'Spades brackets).
On the other side - a 2m Ironman Awning attached via a RacksBrax HD HITCH STANDARD (8159) set (also lockable)… for easy lifting on and off. The awning also supports my Ironman 2m AWNING ROOM AND NET.
The tow ball carries a tilt down double bike carrier (The tilt enables the rear door to accessed).

No, I'm not an intrepid explorer. I did get out in the bush, a lot of the beaten track, and camp - when much younger. Now after many years I just want to enjoy getting away reasonably comfortably and enjoy the peace, bike riding, and kayaking - the later being very much a learning curve (only a little ever done). I do want the exercise and the escape from my nerdy tech inclination/obsession.

😱Inside and the garage are littered with my sort-out of my camping gear. I've more guy ropes, and assorted types of pegs than a 'Bull can S...' - all sorts I've hung on to over the years❗

I need to stop this to save your and my own sanity. In finishing: About the time of signing up to this forum - something I spotted reminded me of some of my early driving education and I snuck a thread at General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar > Humour Corner

In it, The YouTube link - shows "Mr Walker" becoming "Mr Wheeler". A Disney oldie. So's my Ford... and me❗

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPS...p=gAQBiAQB8AUB

All Best to all - AlBro
Alistair Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: