View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 11:49 AM   #952
hayseed

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey View Post
The Kings fridge I have allegedly uses approximately 1Ah when just cycling normally when not being opened too much (Secop compressor). So the 75Ah battery should be ok for overnight. The Kings 60L fridges are apparently a rebadged Waeco fridge.

I will be having drinks in an esky to minimise opening of the fridge throughout the day.

The 150w solar panel is rated to a max of 8.33A, obviously in perfect conditions. Even at 20% capacity, it should be around the 2Ah mark, so should be able to keep up. (Fingers crossed!)

The times I've used the fridge on the battery so far has been whilst I've been playing cricket. For about 4 hours of usage, the battery voltage is only dropping to about 12.9V, and I don't have the solar panel on it either.

I understand that the battery is probably a little on the low side for Ah for what I intend to do, but it's all I can afford for now. I'll see how it goes and I'll upgrade at some stage in the future. It's a start and I can always update going forward. If I had the money, I would have shelled out for a LiFePO lithium, but they are still very expensive.

I'll keep the battery on the solar charger at home. That does float charging.

in My opinion, You're overthinking It........

When We go Camping off grid for up to a Week. We have a 60Litre Waeco fridge (Which I too believe is the same as the Kings 60L) we run It on "low" & for a Battery I just take an N70 out of a Truck or machine & use for the Trip & have NEVER had the fridge cut out due to low battery. Admittedly though We do have a 250 watt Solar panel ...

if you're worried? just turn the Fridge off when you go to Bed.....
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: