View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 07:32 PM   #47
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: 10 Year Warranty for Kia, it Could Happen

Good on em for trying....
In all practicality most modern engineered cars would easily do the 10 year stint if looked after and serviced regularly. ( read the fine print on any warranty and it will exclude heaps of stuff )
KIA have done their six sigma analysis and like most manufacturers, they know their failure rates and what the cost of rolling out an extended warranty v increased sales means to their business. It’s their parts sourcing and pricing that gives them the edge and allows them to maintain their margins despite forking out for replacements.

Mitsubishi did this as well a while back with a 10 year drivetrain warranty, didn’t help them much but a lot of their offerings were &$6s balls anyways.... lol.
KIA are progressive and raising the bar, it’s just brand snobbery that would prevent someone from buying one. I hate to admit and I try hard not to be, but I’m a brand snob so I wouldnt venture into a KIA dealership, but a 20 year warranty would get me in there !!!! Means the resale would be awesome even after the 6th owner !!

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote