View Single Post
Old 23-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #22
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puresteel
Hi All

For the past 7 years I have been a HSV driver. Started with my VS Clubby and added a exhaust. Cool. Moved to a VS Series 2 Clubby R8 (LS1) - exhaust again, full suspension lowering etc, getting more and more into my cars.
Finally after 3 years I sold the R8, and bought a WRX. (waste of time got my money back - crazy tangient, which I dont know why I did it.)

I traded the WRX for a GTS Coupe new - awesome. Hot looking, fast (well I thought) and started again, exhaust, extractors, clutch, LS1 Edit, fun....
(tank of juice around $85 bucks - get me about 220K - $$$ expensive)

So after another 3 years sold the $110K+15K extras = 125K GTS for F I F T Y. The smell of vaseline .......

Anyway, I took 6 months off (driving a forrester - loaner) while I researched what I wanted. HSV were really giving me this s -customer service crap, rude, dont return calls - in general arrogant.

Then I saw PCOTY !!!! Typhoon !!!! Rocks !!!!.

Get to the point. I bought a Typhoon - BF 6 Speed auto, 19" Leather even the overpriced FPV steering wheel.

I have been driving it around for 6 weeks, pretty good. My mate in Canberra has a BA Typhoon - chipped. It FLIES. Could not believe it.

Lock the tune in.

So today I met a guy named Chris from Blue Power. What a great guy.

I was nervous about the tune, I have some issue that I think 6cyl cars are fragile especially turbos.

Now solved. Stock my Typhoon did 240 RW KW - Not bad I guess. (GTS had 280) and I knew my GTS was quicker.

After an hour going through what Chris at Blue Power was going to do to my car, I was getting excited. I was impressed with his knowledge.

First Tune, 280 - Crazy !!, needed to back it off a little. After a bit more magic from Chris, we kept my street tune around 270 RW. Its now flies.

(280 is stored as Tune 3 just in case.

I am so over the moon with this I just thought I share this with you all and if you have any doubt about your car and tuning turbos, ring Chris. All my worries and doubts were quickly dealt with and put to rest.

He is a great guy and really takes the time to explain whats going on. Really appreciated by a software sales guy (me).

Next is injectors and all the other stuff chris recomendeds, maybe in 3 ,months once I get off on whats happened today.

So now I have a car that is under $65 that would smash any 6ltr HSV.

Bang for your Buck recipe....1xFPV Typhoon add 2 hours of Chris, whooooosssssshhh.

Cheers all

Mike

excellant 1st post . you seem to know your stuff and tell it like it is . good to hear . welcome to the forums its good to get some feed back from the dark side too.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote