View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #188
KenN0898

Default Re: Fuel Consumption on your Focus

My car is a 2012 petrol Trend auto 2 ltr which has now done just over 14000kms and I generally keep my fuel consumption readout set to average and most of my driving is in and around the Adelaide suburbs with an occasional spin along the SE freeway to Mt Barker and then south to Strathalbyn or perhaps a trip down to Victor Harbour or Cape Jervis, and my fuel consumption usually reads 7.5.or 7.6 L per 100kms.
However, I have just returned from a 4000km trip to Tasmania via Melbourne and The Spirit of Tasmania and the consumption has dropped to 7.2 which I am more than pleased with. And I haven't yet filled up since my return to Adelaide and have done about 150 Kms around the inner city, and it is still reading 7.2 so I expect it would have dropped to 7.1 had my journey from Tassie been just a little longer. And how many Kms to a tank?, at one stage I had driven 802 Kms between fillings but I was still only able to get almost 49 ltrs into the tank but generally in Adelaide I manage about 700 between fillups. And I never reset the average readout.
KenN0898 is offline   Reply With Quote