View Single Post
Old 18-02-2024, 07:27 PM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Purchasing car in NSW and driving back to Qld Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post
Awesome, thanks for this. So let's assume I have the Customer Number, when I apply for the UVP, I should detail the exact route I will take - will stop in Northern Beaches for the night and leave fresh the next morning and possibly stop overnight at Coffs or Grafton if I get tired. Will probably also nominate that on arrival in Qld I'll go straight to get a RWC then go straight home.

Upon applying for the UVP, is it handed over from the counter straight away and you just display the sticker and paperwork?
Everything approved is handed over to you directly at the counter. They’ll either print the forms (UVP Application and safe-for-use declaration) and tell you to fill them in, or you can print beforehand and fill in yourself. The concierge might also help with printing or finding these. Photograph each page as they may not grace you with photocopies of your submission.

If you map your route on Google or Apple Maps and print/dump the page, it can be submitted as annexure when doing the paperwork in person. Where you describe the route, because there’s negligible space you write something like “Sydney NSW to Rockhampton QLD per Annexure A” - which is your clearly annotated map.