View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #19
GTMOND

Default Re: New Tow Tug ,What to Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Little Jap trucks make great towpigs. They have certainly improved small Jap truck performance since, big 4 turbo intercooled diesels and better gearboxes also help, along with dic brakes and a few with independent front suspension.

As for ride, they ride better half loaded which it would be towing a gooseneck or 5th wheeler. There is a company in QLD doing reset parabolic type front and rear springs making the ride even smoother. https://ssa.com.au/
The cabover design makes it easier to work on, service and allows the tray to take a proper payload with dual rear wheels for highway stability.
I've used one of mine for such purposes but was towing a smaller gooseneck dropdeck I used to borrow, it was more than capable of pulling a 5th wheeler.

That's pretty cool. Yeah my Dad has done the front springs on his canter, he was going to do an airbag suspension, which would be good, but expense and time was out of the question, He has bloody that many projects going, I think reality bit
. I guess from my point of view, if it was our only vehicle, I could see my wife finding the Ram more user friendly for her than a little truck.
GTMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: