Thread: Blown Boss 260
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #7
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXR8Canberra
Hi Chris,

Firstly, well done with the tune last year in Canberra, it's still going strong - 248.9rwkw and running at 10.5l/100km on the highway.

I'm used to the car now and looking for more grunt. I'd thought about a bluepower CAI and 3.7 diff gears - but for the cost I might as well put it towards a blower (once the car is out of warranty!)

I've never had anything to do with superchargers, so when you have the time could you give us a general run down on the pro's and con's. What sort of power, torque and cost am I looking at? What's likely to break? Are they a good option for the street? Which set-up do you recommend?

I'd imagine my SS CAI and filter would have to go, what about the underdrives?

Anyone else with a blown boss I'd welcome your comments also. I'm particularly interested in the lower end of the market.

Off topic, but would you consider changing my diff gears on your next Canberra visit? Would 3.7 diff gears be too short for a manual blown street car, if I choose to go down that route?

Ta
Just do it, the only downfall is the cv's but billet one's are just around the corner .
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote