View Single Post
Old 31-01-2020, 07:42 PM   #18
minheim

Default Re: 10 Year Warranty for Kia, it Could Happen

The DCT in the KIA Seltos has been recalled for issues in Korea and there are also reports of problems with it in India where the Seltos went on sale in 2019. There have been reports of the transmission only selecting odd or even gears. Kia claim to have fixed this with a software upgrade. However some have suggested it is likely the temperature parameters have been increased to reduce the risk of skipping gears due to overheating in heavy traffic. If so then that will stress the DCT long term. The Hyundai Veloster also has had a history of DCT issues. I am glad Ford are showing increased preference for torque autos and I do prefer their ecoboost engines. I also think Ford have better tech than the Koreans and will quickly advance EVs in their range. Don't forget Mitsubishi used to have a 10 driveline warranty and dropped it as there was low demand. I wonder how many people really plan to keep a car for 10 years given technology and safety increases. Also how many will keep going to a dealer after 6 or 7 years.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote