View Single Post
Old 13-09-2020, 12:43 PM   #10
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Travel Restrictions??

As we speak in lots of ways you'd hardly know there was a pandemic on here in Tasmania until of course you realise there's hardly any interstate number plates on cars and camper vans compared to usual , mail from Melbourne takes a lot longer not least a package I'm waiting on posted in NSW on Sept 1 and still in Victoria apparently . AusPost reckon I might get it about the end of next week .

Schools apart from no socials and limited number social distancing assemblies are operating at usual attendances I believe and with most general shopping it's not too bad . It's been well over 100 days now since we've had a public transmission case and no person with the virus in hospital at all at the moment.

Tourism operators though (as you'd expect) are suffering , not as badly as so many in the bigger States but it still impacts with only 550 ,000 people to draw on . Last week the State Government began a travel voucher scheme for Tasmanian residents to promote and use tourist towns and sites . I believe it got a hammering and closed after the 7.5 million dollar scheme was fully subscribed nearly immediately. See link below..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-...-full/12636168

Gutwien (Premier) announced that we won't open up to inter- state travellers until at least December 1 . This is despite pretty darn good outcomes and control in most other States and Victoria's situation improving dramatically which is awesome .

No expert but I reckon it will be great for everybody that the sooner we begin to allow really strict but sensible and affordable travel arrangements within Australia again the better off we'll all be . International travel might be some time yet given the North American , European , Asian and African fluctuating situation. Still can't see how anything like a normal Olympic Games in 2021 will happen especially with another Northern Hemisphere winter about to hit .

I think Covid 19 is going to impact 2021 a lot more than so many think , not least with travel restrictions . Bottom line though is staying alive is the key matter .

Last edited by roddy1960; 13-09-2020 at 12:50 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote