View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 01:54 PM   #18
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toby Price Finally on Sunrise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala View Post
People either want/need to race or they dont. Like everything in life its not for everyone and winning is for very few.

Lots of self funded men and women compete. Against the best, their mates, or just there own times. Most meetings are electrically timed and results available online and sometime live for the world to see.

Mylaps Speedhive and Computime are just a couple of systems used. If you tell people you raced at a particular meet, if they know your name they will likely be able to look up your results.

Then there are those who tell people how racing is silly and how good they are at the North End of Frazer Island.
Haha when I was working people would poke their head in and ell me the cricket score, I thought, well I don't have a clue and nor do I care about cricket at all, but as to the scores ? give me a brake.

If I am into something I like to see the sport for myself or best when I compete in it so as to enjoy the ride that's the main point.

I never said racing is silly.
All I meant was you could be challenged on Frazer Island if you wanted and as to what the top end of it looks like after the fire may fill the void for nothingness some what to ride at, but only you don't have to drive all that way out to Finke.

In fact Fraser would be a top spot for such a race, get some money happening so they can maybe build fire brakes like they once did.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote