View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Dr Neo Lao
Starter Motor

Having done a lot of research, it's now obvious that getting bits for an XH is going to be a bit difficult. But we persevere.

Main priority at the moment is to replace the missing glovebox. I need someplace out of sight to stash things like the high-vis vest and street directory rather than having it floating around on the floor.

XH parts are hard to find around Perth, but I'm sure I recognise the interior. I've had a couple of Falcons over the years and I'm pretty sure parts from other models will fit. But I can't work out which ones. My brother has a Falcon (sedan) which looks exactly the same from the front but the interior is quite different.

The dash looks like it might be EA or EB, but the glovebox hole looks like it might be XE or XF. Not too sure, trying to work out what model it is by what might fit there is a poor way of going about it. If anyone knows, it'd be great to know.

The other bits I'm hunting for:
-The bit in the middle above the mirror that holds up the sunvisors.
-Door trim insert on passenger side (around door opening handle).
-Ashtray (don't smoke, just a place to hold spare change).

It came with a tonneau cover with perished elastics, but replacing the elastics was easy enough (bought replacement ones off eBay).

Overall the car is in pretty good nick, it's just a few bits and peices to finish it off.
Dr Neo Lao is offline   Reply With Quote