View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
Well yesterday arvo was a fun trip back from Brisbane to Hervey Bay,A Mate and I borrowed a nice tandem trailer that we have used before with no troubles as its well maintained and well ballanced,picked up My XY ute which has no motor or front panels,for a split second i thought we should put it on trailer backward so more weight is at front,stupid stupid me, when will i learn your first thought is always the right one,well you guessed it,we had one hell of a wild ride scareing the crapper out of us and the other cars that were near,it TOSSED my mates 4x4 F100 from one side to the other across two lanes,now we had at least 350kg's in back of the effy,with my tools,spare,and one clevo engine block,made no diff maybe even added to the huge sway-up we got into.after pulling the car more forward (as far as we could)we set off again got 10kms down road saying its much better now,when it did it again only worse,i really thought we were going into the scrub on the roof,as it pulled the F100 hard to the left at the same time we were going side to side, we crawled home the last 250km's at 70 to 80 kmh ,
so to anyone caught behind big tandem and bright orange F100 last night im sorry.
cheers Nick
p.s. if your tow car does not sit a bit lower in back when trailer is loaded then you have got it wrong.
it's fun is'nt it
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote