View Single Post
Old 29-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #35
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I decided to look at the radio on the FG2, mainly because of the hiss it produces when the amp is turned on:

Yep, audio code error - the unit is not happy without the security codes being transmitted over the CAN BUS - but it is staying on and the hiss is coming out of the speakers I've connected up.

But no matter what I try, the hiss doesn't change tone or level, and I tried a lot of things on the bare board... I guess it's just a sh!t unit.

I don't really understand why people are looking to replace the screen, and the market is being filled by business, when this part of the unit seems to me like the thing to replace. I wouldn't even care about the CD drive being removed, which I've done here... I have not used a CD in a long time except to rip it to a more convenient format.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: