View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #17
toyota lexcen

Default Re: Mondeo 2012 petrol start issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlInKG View Post
Hey toyota lexcen I'm doing the same job on my 2010 MB. Was the pump you got a Goss? I'm looking at putting one of those in mine. Also I gather you had to get the loom off Ford?

I drained the tank today and started dropping the tank, couldn't get the heat shield completely out and then it started persisting with rain which stopped me as I'm only working in the driveway. Will probably continue on Sat and hopefully get access to the pump to see what model it is. I'm suspecting the burned connector issue as before it finally gave up the ghost my interior light was fluctuating in brightness.

Cheers
sounds just like me in my driveway

i got the pump and loom from auto wholesale Aus (they have ebay store or you can go there),

ford wanted $680 for the pump and loom (I got pump and loom from auto wholesale aus, thnk $210 all up)

its manufactured by Ultra=Tech, whether thats good I dont know. Have done around 1000kms now and going fine. Is a bit noisier.

I didnt take heat shield off, just removed all fasteners then removed tank down to the ground towards the drivers side rear wheel, and then slide out the back. Took into shed and cleaned up, removed fuel pump.
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: