Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 11:32 AM   #4971
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Not a bad time to ease up on exports and supply domestic while giving a small one finger salute to China? Petty but legit!
For the consumers sure they'll do that. The sellers aren't keen on the idea as overseas buyers pay more for the meat than australians can/will.

Personally I think we should aim to make australia as much of a closed system as we can. we should be bringing back our manufacturing industries, our farmers and anything else that can be produced, grown or serviced by australians.

Of course that means the price of housing will have to come down as labor costs are currently high on account of housing costs are high, everyone just wants to buy a house to start a family. To date, if people can't buy a house on a wage then the job finds itself going offshore to countries with cheaper labour costs because they either have cheaper housing costs or because other countries are prepared to exploit their citizens.

So the "haves" are not likely to let any of that happen because it'll affect their personal profit or their retirement plan of exploiting the average aussie for inflated rents. Sad but true. So I foresee the meat exporters doing everything they can to fire up exports with China/etc again as they don't care about your lobbying or what you believe in.

The almighty dollar is worth more than the integrity and self-sufficiency of our country.

edit: reminds me of that article I saw a few months back from a seafood export who was practically begging australians to buy up their stock for "a chance" to try premium-grade seafood while they can, because the export problems aren't going to last forever.
Yeah okay, we're not good enough to sell to on a general basis but they want us to help bail them out when the overseas buyer has closed their doors.

4 users like this post: