View Single Post
Old 14-04-2020, 03:14 PM   #984
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
I had five x 1 hour with a psychologist. In the fifth one I said, "You don't have answers, do you? You just help me ask the right questions?"

The wry smile told me I was done.
Pretty much.

My Daughter was involved in a serious car accident about 5yrs ago, she really struggled in the months after, it affected her grades, sport, home life, nothing was the same.
We arranged for her to see a Psychologist, she went for 3 or 4 sessions and then decided it was a waste of time because all they did was tell her to count her breathing when she felt overwhelmed.
I asked her what she thought was lacking from the interaction, she said she didn't feel any better, I said you've only been a few times give it a chance, nope, should be better by now and that was it.

Still to this day she hasn't made any progress and every time she blows up and starts blaming others for her predicament I remind her that we did everything we could to help her, but you cant help someone who wont help themselves, she just goes on about what a waste of time counting her breaths would be and I just shake my head...the irony.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote