View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 01:45 PM   #15
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Some thoughts on tyres - and initial impressions about Falken FK510 tyres

Well the Falkens are about to be changed for some Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003 as the mechanic says the tread depth is zero, but my tyre gauge says 1mm to the wear indicator bars.

But that is getting too close for comfort and Bridestone gave me a 4 for the price of 3 deal, equivalent to $245 a corner, so I'm waiting for them to get to my local Bridgestone Dealer for fitment.

The Falkens lasted for three years and a couple of months when they covered 35000 Km, which is less than I hoped for, but no worse than the Continentals that were OE fitment. However the Falkens were quieter as they wore and did not suffer from traction loss that I experienced with the Continentals from the get go when they were 12 months and 11000 km old.

The guy who will fit the Bridgestones thinks they will be a longer lasting tyre compared with both the previous manufacturers. We will see. I'll report from time to time after the new tyres are on the car.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: