View Single Post
Old 18-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #227
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

* Give way to all traffic on the right of the roundabout. The amount of people I drive with who still stop dead at the line to allow an approaching car on the right way is worrying. The 'first in, best dressed' law has been in for many, many years now.

The reason why you still need to give way to the right at a roundabout is, that if you have an accident with a car that is on your right, they have deemed to have travelled the greater distance thereforein theory they were in the roundabout longer, due to traveling further. We all know speed does change this, but In a car accident when it comes down to liability, unless the police have investigated the speed, there is no way to prove speed.

* From what I have been told, seating 6 in a car with 5 belts is legal, providing all other belts are used. (Say, 4 on the back seat, 2 at the front).

There was an accident in Melbourne about 2 years ago, and the car was over loaded. From memory there was 8 people in the car. The driver was not charged for overloading the car, as all seat belts had been used. The police chief even got on the news at the time and said, they could not do anything as all seat belts were in use. I think they changed the Victorian law then.