View Single Post
Old 16-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #162
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Just documenting the FG MK2 Subwoofer & AMP...

So I had exposed the Premium ACM's Subwoofer AMP pins for use later:

I had searched ebay for an AMP, I made sure it came from an FG2.. I had also started documenting the FG2 ICC schematics - which are identical to the FG(1) so I was confident.. until I got this:

My first thought was, hmm - there's more pins in C-66 (here) than I expected! I double checked the service manuals - nope, there's nothing like this connector. I searched the Internet, no mention about the FG2 using a different unit. I rechecked ebay, a few different sellers have this unit for sale saying it's from a MK2.

The part number of a FG's AMP is 8R29-18T805-AA but mine is BR29-18T805-AA. The FG also has many more markings - A Sanyo Automedia model. Mine has no other details - so I opened it. It said E8 SONAVOX 2011-DEC-REV 1.2

I traced the pins to various areas of the circuit, worked out the main things pretty quickly (power, speaker, audio-input) but two pins were a bit different. I had guessed incorrectly initially and got a bunch of codes in Forscan, but retried with it as follows and got it working. C-66 as I've drawn up top is from an FG - my paper note sitting on top is what I have connected now:

(The +5v Turn-On note is just something I had tried on the bench, and it powered up and I got sound.)

I assume positive/negative (speaker output and audio input) is "+ to -" (left to right) and "+ to -" top to bottom. Happy for that to be confirmed though

Edit: Oh, and it pretty much needs constant +12v power (not from the Cigar socket on accessories) otherwise you may get Forscan codes saying it's lost connection to the AMP.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote