View Single Post
Old 31-03-2022, 09:17 AM   #13
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Default Re: Buying a late Mondeo - any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermenter View Post
Hi all, just following up - I'm definitely looking at an MD in Ambiente spec. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the different MD updates?

I'm weighing up an older model (eg 2016) with lower kms vs a newer model (2018) with higher kms. I realise I'd be getting SYNC2 in the older model vs SYNC3 in the newer. The wagons all had 17" wheels I believe, so that's the same. Anything else I should be aware of? Did the cargo area (barriers etc) change at all throughout the MD run?
You wont regret a MD mondeo, I've had a lifetime of falcons (incl a sprint), my daily is a MY17.5 ambiente wagon and hand on heart it leaves falcons for dead.

there is usually small differences, I found when i was looking the 16 plate wagons had a big middle rear headrest which hindered rear vision, the 17's had a flush headrest which keeps vision out the back clear, MY17.5 doesn't have a gloss black centre console trim which I like better, the gloss black ones had micro scratches that show up so easily, and apart from sync2 and sync3 not too much difference, I'd try shoot for a sync3 car personally.

You'll probably also find on MY18 ambiente's they had an addition of passenger front seat lumber support & also i'm sure they had the handbrake switch moved to the RH side of the console

Cargo area's are all the same on MD's

Hope you end up with the mondeo they are really underrated
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: