View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: DBA 4000 T3 rotor problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdenko
You should feel it at trying to go from 190 down to 70-80 for Turn 2 at Eastern Creek!!!
I am putting brake ducts in the car to see if it is temperature related, as I have triggered the highest paint marking (Red to white, to burnt off) on the disks.
Although with the 6x6's and Hawk Blues I burnt the marking off as well, but had silly wear rates instead.

Matt, do you have or know where you can get thermographic paint, as I want to see if the ducting actually works.
We can get the paint but we have to buy seperate colours for each temp and it is expensive but i can chaeck if anything new is available if you like? Just pm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjako
Thanks very much for the reply. It was a reasonably quick process but is getting worse, definetely no high speed braking, bedded them in as per instructions it just seems the longer and harder the brake pedal is applied especially a on a decline, the more intence the buzzing type vibration occurs. When very light braking to a set of lights you hardly feel anything but you are aware that it is not entirely smooth and the longer you brake for you can definetley feel it more say from 80 or 90 kms down.

I wonder if the pads are not as suitable to this type rotor as it builds up pad layer around the slots.

Again thaks for your help.
If pad layer is around the slots then that may be your problem as the bendix ct pads have similar issues.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote