View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: DBA 4000 T3 rotor problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjako
Hi Matt,

I Bought some DBA 4000 T3 rotors and hpx pads for au series 2 front and rear from GSL rallysport and I am getting some vibrating/ buzzing when braking at light medium pressure and above. Hubs are clean,it seems under light pedal preasure all is ok it is only when I apply more brake pedal preasure say going down a hill or braking from 80 kmh for a set of lights that I feel the buzzing type of feeling through the brake rotors causes a slight vibration through the dash board as well. Is related to the slots or pads? There is no way that ABS is cutting in. Hubs are perfectly clean What are your thoughts. Hope you dont mind asking as I did purchase from GSL Rallysport .

Thanks
No mate thats fine. How long have they been in for and has the car done any excessive braking from high speeds in the early stages of fitting them?did you do the bedding in procedure and were they fine at first or has the problem been there from the start? with the old straight slots i would suspect it could be the pads picking up on the slots although with the new T3 design i thought it would be less of an issue but the QFM pads can sometimes be a bit unpredictable and hard to bed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdenko
The same thing has been happening on My Turbo MX-5.
I bought my rotors from race Brakes.
Have DBA 4000 T3, and Carbotech XP10 brake pads, and they have caused vibrations since going in.
Another guy, with same car, same rotors and same pads that I race with is having the same problem.

I have driven other MX-5's with the older 6x6 4000's and Carbotech pads on the track without an issue so I'm blaming the rotors still.
I have contacted Carbotech, but have yet to contact DBA.

I'll gladly go back to the old 6x6 Wiper slot design if I can find them anywhere still in stock.

Just one question sjako, are the QFM HPX pads a ceramic based pad?
I have only heard people complain about these rotors with ceramic based bads. These sought of pads create a transfer layer on the disc, and with this slot design, I cannot get a even layer on the disc.
My Carbotech XP10's, are a Ceramic based race pad.
I do not know much about the carbotech pads sorry but some pad materials including ceramic will leave deposits on the rotor face causing high spots which also causes shudder but on the other hand some brake pads including Pagid will shudder violently before they bed in and this also happens when we have had sent pads away to get bedded in by a machine.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote