View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 10:29 PM   #13
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Default Re: Please delete all of my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash View Post
you think you said some dumb sheet, I was chatting to my bros girlfriend at a family gathering one time and I was talking about this fella from work and how he was looking for some kind work related outcome, anyways, I used the phrase, "he doesn't have a leg to stand on" and I forgot that she lost her leg due to cancer as child.

everyone's jaw dropped and my missus gave me that look... man I felt low.

you wanna delete posts, I wanna delete some memories.

we don't hear much about amputees hey, quite a resilient bunch, never whinging or carrying on!

yeah mate don't stress!

While out with a bunch of relatively high level quadriplegic people for a social event, I was sorting out someone's dinner, trying to pick all the bones out of the fish she'd ordered, and which I'd have to feed to her.

I wasn't really thinking when I said "If she doesn't eat this after I've spent 15 minutes picking the bones out, I'll break her neck!"

One of the other quads replied: "Too late!" (and we all had a laugh)

Couple of years back I was on holiday in Ireland, having a pint at a pub with some of our tour group.
An older woman said she was a bus driver back in Canada. (I too am a bus driver), and thought that was pretty cool, and put my hand out, as I said, "Lady bus driver high-five!!"
There was a really awkward pause and she then bumped the stump of what used to be her hand, against my palm.

Oooooooohhhhhhh boy.... I felt like I had to completely ignore it, and continue with the conversation, while plenty of others stared in horror at what I'd just said. I wanted to be anywhere but in that pub at that time.

Luckily, she also has a sense of humour. A day or so later, she told me about the horrendous car accident that took her left hand, most of her remaining fingers, all of her toes, and almost her life. She's still a friend today.

And she has a tattoo across the tops of her feet that says: "Gone to market, love piggy xx" which is kinda awesome!

We've all said stupid stuff OP, don't worry about it. Step away from the computer, go outside, and come back later. It'll be forgotten soon enough.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
25 users like this post: