View Single Post
Old 18-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
How much did that (roughly) cost you? (in materials anyway?)

Looks really good, I'm not bad with the soldering iron, but a little hesitant to rip the dash apart...

Need to take a good pic of my new interior light, it has 6 LED's on it (its from Jaycar, $19.95 from memory) and just slots straight into where the factory interior globe goes...and its DAMN bright!! Just need to do something about lighting in the rear...
Hi Russ,

Pics don't do it justice, the light are really blue blue (think Nokia 8250)

The same interior light is around $3 at Dick Smith (where I got mine)

You'll need a fine tipped temp controlled soldering iron, micro toolset, torx security screwdriver set, multimeter, solder sucker, trim removal tools and its fairly difficult, you need to follow circuits on silicon, test resistors, common grounds etc... Then there are problems with the cluster and removing needles and realigning them when reinstalling, etc.

Materials, all you need is solder and LEDs (at least 50 of them, 3mm, at around $4 each for 4000mcd or $2 each for 1000mcd from Jaycar. I had access to 5000mcd).

I can save you the hassle, you can buy all the switches and I'll do your cluster. Or if you don't want blue (white, purple, orange, red, yellow etc) I can come over on a Saturday and do all the LEDs then. ;)

That goes for anyone else in the Sydney area.