View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 07:30 PM   #1765
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
A couple of thoughts on Nova Lustre and Jet -

a) Just wait till you get the Territory wet again! Nova Jet is as close to ceramic coating as it gets for water behavior. I often use it to top an existing wax or sealant to ramp up the hydrophobic properties.

b) Out of the two, I prefer to use Jet on its own as I find it can be finicky when topping Lustre. That is odd because the two were developed in tandem. There will be some amount of rejection though after using an already slick product beforehand (Lustre).

c) Often, prevailing weather conditions can play a part in the application process, as in humidity and temperature.

d) Make sure you allow Lustre to cure for at least 2 hours before the application of Jet.

e) The moist towel for the Lustre application seems to me like a recent thing. Next time, try that with Jet as well.

f) I found with Jet that it's good to load up your towel with product before starting on the first few panels. I prime the towel or applicator with several sprays until the towel feels damp on your hand, then apply two or three sprays per panel. To me, it feels easier as you continue to move around the car and the towel gets more loaded with product, priming the towel mimics this from the beginning.

Overall, I think your results look great. I can see the gloss in that paint, and that is often hard to capture on a paint colour like that. I will also say, considering your poor back, good on you have my respect for pushing through the pain and getting the job done.
Thanks. Firstly, I'm on some pretty heavy drugs so that was ok. I did it all mostly on my knees keeping my back as straight as I could. A bit tiring but got through it ok.

I did lustre yesterday and jet today so plenty of time between coats. I did pretty much everything you said.

Really wanted to get the car done before my surgery as I'll be pretty useless afterwards for a while. Glad I got it done and hopefully a snow foam and rinse off will keep it presentable in the coming months.

Thanks again.