View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #532
mercury39

[QUOTE=Racecraft]Item:- Front Power Windows

Item:- Front Window switches
Problems:- window won't go up or down occasionally, or switch will not reset itself to neutral.

Not quite sure if this is where I need to be, but 1st thank you very much to those who shared their power window problems and fixes, you saved me a lot of hard work and possible unecessary expense, my AU futura would not wind up the LHF window, only done 43,000 kms, so having the LHF door trim stripped down and just about to try and remove the motor / regulator, which almost seemed impossible as the glass was bottomed, and seemed impossible to get up without more dismantling, looking around this forum found the solution, I removed the switch LHF, cleaned the contacts, which had a light brown stain, all non smokers in this car, smokers either don't smoke or they walk, anyway sprayed CRC into it, not attempted dismantling, but still no go, removed the switch from RHF drivers side window, did the same procedure, and great joy every thing was back to normal, all windows wound up or down no problem, it must be the RHF was the one that had resistance somewhere, and wasn't feeding power to the LHF side, so thanks again everyone.
mercury39 is offline   Reply With Quote