View Single Post
Old 23-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: $A=$US - Are we getting ripped off?

We have been CONDITIONED to pay what we pay over a long period of time. How many people honestly think twice before paying $3.20 for a 600ml Coke?? (Whats that per litre.. $5 ish??). While in Africa 3 x 450?ml bottles set me back a whole dollar.... Whats that per litre? Yet petrol jumps 15c (or LPG for that matter) and we are up in arms.

Shipping has a bit to do with it, as does taxes and our pay rate. Our 'way of life' is pretty much the best in the world as well IMO. We are the envy of MANY other nations.

Pet food you say?? I just got some guinea pigs... all the sites say I ned to feed the little tikes "Timothy Hay / grass / straw" whatever.... the US sites state a 25 pound box of the stuff costs $19... Can't be that much more here... right???

Local livestock / bulk feed supplier sells it for... wait for it... a 1.13kg (whats that... 3 pounds?) bag of the same stuff for only ... ONLY $31 (down from $35)... must be 'on special'....

We are not getting ripped off.... we are being charged (and paying it seems) what customers are happy to pay. I won't be buying the Timothy hay either... the neighbours weeds / grass that stick through the fence is fresher and cheaper.

Often, you ONLY see then when you have travelled a little...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 23-03-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote