View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #60
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

ltd - don't know what part of the world your in, buy I seriously doubt you have funnel webs on the underside of your mower. Thats just not funnel web behaviour. Yes they will get into a cool garage/house but its usually after a very wet period and they travel uphill trying to avoid the flooding.
Funnel webs will nest under long standing leaf matter or a rock/timber and build their nest horizontally against the underside of the object and line the top side of the tunnel with web. A funnel webs entrance is never exposed to the elements.

I have lots of experience with them having lived at Wyoming on the edge of a rainforest for 20 years (where the Reptile Park used to be before they moved it to Somersby). The late Eric Worrell didn't have it there for no reason - the area and the creek that flows thru the site is lousy with funnel webs. I have taken so many to the Reptile Park I can't remember but the response was always the same - that's a lovely female funnel web (or male as the case may be). Sometimes found nests of them while landscaping. I've not long sold the house and certainly won't miss the funnel webs. One of my former neighbours works at the Reptile Park and does the milking for the anti venom
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote