View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 09:01 PM   #1154
Gypzy
FG XR6 Tray back

Smile Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
not really depression related this time, more like I need somewhere to vent..

my dog hurt her leg the other day and she will need surgery to fix a cruciate ligament injury.. she is a 7yr old golden retriever so hopefully still lots of life in her.

yesterday there was no question of getting the surgery, now I still want her to get the surgery but wondering how crazy I am for spending the money required to fix a loved family member.

The normal vet ball-parked an estimate at between $5k-$10k which I can get my hands on but in the current economic climate it is getting to where I don't even feel comfortable telling close friends and family how much I'm looking at spending. We have a consult with the surgical vet tomorrow, he doesn't work Wednesdays - I assume he is sailing his giant yacht or buying another Ferrari or something.

I will ask about alternative options, but it doesn't look like there is one at the moment - seems to be surgery, carry the injury or get put down...
The value of having a pet, in many cases a dog, or three! can be the difference between been here or not. Sneaky i hope your pooch is recovering well and from expierence, it will be a long and time consuming recovery but so very well worth it.
I haven't been on this forum much but often check on the recent postings. This one in particular has my interest.
2019 I would like to forget, but can't out of respect for my Dad and wife who i both lost within two months of each other. When Dad passed away in July 2019, i had already said goodbye to him while he still knew who i was and could sort of understand what i was trying to say to him. Dementia sucks.
My wife couldn't make it to Dads funeral as she had her own health issues and passed away in September 2019. Soon i reckon she'll make it rain on us and i can always relate green grass and flowering shrubs to her love of gardening.
So what got me through the last twelve months has to be our kids, that being our three dogs. To get home from work to an empty house wasn't going to sit well for me. To miss that companionship wasn't going to be any good for me either. But to get home from work and pull up at the front gate to three wagging tails was the absolute best thing that i could wish for after an absolute **** series of heart breaking events.
Having a pet to lean on for my recovery saved my life. I don't think I'd be here now if I didn't have these guys for company.
Gypzy is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: