View Single Post
Old 16-07-2020, 10:32 PM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Which MD to get?

Hi,

As you can see from the sig we have an MD Titanium wagon. It was first registered in Jan 2017 (makes it a MY16.75) and we acquired if in early 2018 after a year being used by a Ford Executive.

If you are looking for a Titanium Wagon of that vintage then you will be driving a diesel, as it was the only engine option in the wagon, but I'm not sure about the Hatch.

If you will be doing most of the distance in the city then I'd probably opt for the petrol engine. This is because the diesel needs a longish run, at highish speeds, periodically to regenerate the DPF. We have now owned mondeo diesels for 11 years and have never noticed a DPF regeneration, but we live in regional Victoria and ordinarily (read prior to Covid 19) do a run into the Melbourne suburbs once a week.

There is one bit of kit I would not do without, and that is the blind spot monitoring in the exterior rear vision mirrors. This is only fitted to the Titanium spec vehicles so far as I know. As an older p[erson, I like not having to twist my kneck too much (crepitous - if you know what that is).

Sync 3, yes it present in our car, but after two years now the bells and whistles of the systems are no longer a novelty.

The model years later than 17 or 17.5 rearraged the switches either side of the gear shift so that the parking brake (electric) is located on the driver's side to make it a little more convenient for the driver.

What I'm really P*ssed off about is Ford's decision to cease importing the car, so I will have to look for something else than another Mondeo in a couple of years when my extended warranty runs out.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote