View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 05:58 PM   #1003
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
yep prydey, its not new nor unique But it sure is much bigger today (even before covid might I add) how big is your d ick.
Its observations nothing more or less we all have our rights and pov's, I agree with Bent re your return angle on the posts, its just discussion doesn't need to be directed the way you have.
Live long and prosper my friend.

Another thing that has improved greatly, is options on rain covers for additional awnings over awnings for rain, the floor/ground coverings more and more options, heating/tv's.
I sometimes wonder how much time its to prepare, set up upon arrival and then pack up.

I watched this poor women in a Rav4 wagon having to pack up 2 large tents. awnings etc and just fit it all back in the Rav, just might I add.
I thought after all that work why not just get one of the cabins.
You can learn a lot by taking a good look at what others do to overcome hurdles, especially in caravan parks where you get all kinds.
A walk around the park every night is a must do for us and i appreciate everything from a swag under an awning off the side of an old ute right up to some of the full size motor homes that you wouldn't get much change from a qtr of a mill for.
Everyone's different and have different needs but i certainly wouldn't look down on someone who needs less than me, some do though and its quite obvious.

I met a lovely lady just before Christmas at West Beach, she was single, recently retired and had just bought her first van and tow tug but had little idea how to set it up properly, she was walking past and we got talking so i offered to wander down and give her some advice and help, id never walk into someone else's camp uninvited but she was thankful for the offer and so i went down and showed her how some things worked, i may never see her again but it was good just to pass on some tips that will see her right in future.

A few years ago we shared our trailer load of wood with a lovely Victorian couple at Mambray creek, they spent the first night asking us all about our camping habits and family, work etc. later that night on reflection i realised we spent so much time talking about us that we knew very little about them, so the next night as we all cooked dinner i asked them their story. Turns out they weren't really into caravanning, the van they had was a hire van and they'd been touring the flinders with friends.
When i asked them what they did for a crust i discovered she was a nurse, handy in the bush, and he flew around the world designing airports. Two obviously well educated people sitting around a campfire with a cook, equally handy in the bush and a bus driver but you wouldn't know we came from such different backgrounds in that moment, fantastic people and down to earth.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: