View Single Post
Old 17-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #690
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Were novice campers. My partner has an SR5 and I bought a well fabbed frame for the tub. we bought a rooftop tent, an awning and some basic accessories i.e. trestle, baby Q. The dogs fit under the frame and we generally go free camping on beaches. Living in SA theres a plethora of spots to visit. We have been south of Adelaide Rapid bay way over Christmas, Moonta coastline, did a few near Whyalla at Pt Lowley and Fitzgerald Bay. Weve now relocated to Pt Lincoln and keen to get to the national parks here and at Coffin, or down the coast to Elliston, Streaky Bay and Ceduna way. Stayed away from national parks because I prefer to take the dogs.
Evidently in some National park's you are allowed dog's now, as long as they are on a leash.

I was speaking to a ranger just the other week and brought this subject up as I was always lead to believe that "No dog's" were allowed in any National park, according to him as it's to hard to enforce etc they have now only just recently changed some National park's to allow dogs but it's not vocalised as such, as some you can and some still not, the ones you can't are supposed to be sign posted as "No dogs allowed", if no signs then they are allowed as long as on a lead.

It's all very miss guided by the sounds of it.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote