View Single Post
Old 30-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Looks good, know uve been wanting to do this for ages, mines not far away either.

In my honest opinion i think the front still needs another 1cm or something, or is it just an odd angle the car is parked on??? cuz the back looks lower than the front.

how is the ride quality now on our average aussie roads? i find as the car is now its very rough.
Hey... yea the front is a little higher then the back. BUT there is a reason for this. Pedders informed me that to do a PROPER lowering, you have to lower it with the base of the car, NOT the gap in the arch. Lowering the car so that the front and rear baseline means the weight is evenly distributed, and hence it balances the car. If you lower the front MORE then the back, and the baseline isnt the same height from the ground, when you do heavy braking you distribute alot of weight to the front of the car.

So, thats why its a little higher at the front, as it is stock as well (higher at the front i mean)

Ride quality isnt too much harsher... maybe with people in the car. I drive with my tyres inflated a little more then recommended, so its a little harsh on bumps. But DAMN does it corner! The rear is WAY more balanced and its much easier to power out of corners! It also looks good.

But yea, the handling benefits you get are much better then the harsher ride it has now

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote