Thread: Map version
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #27
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Map version

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanarneja View Post
It was black. But label has I think sync 3.2 v 1 or something like.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The black 3.2 USB is the old 2018/19 update for 1.17 maps.

There are two new 2019/2020 map update USB. Grey 3.0 V19/20 for SYNC 3.0 and SYNC 3.1 vehicles. Now if you have a vehicle with SYNC less than 3.0, the SYNC system will need to be update to 3.0 before the latest map can be installed. If its already at 3.0 or 3.1, then it will work straight away. Black 3.2 19/20 USB is for vehicles sith SYNC 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4, how ever if the vehicle has 3.2, then it will need to be updated to 3.3 or 3.4 pending on hardware level and then then USB will work. If the vehicle is at 3.3 or 3.4 already, the USB will work straight away.

Hopefully I have explained it ok. Sounds like the dealer has no idea!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: