View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #36
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Yep, the cars are going to have to be tuned on high % Ethanol fuels (Summer brew) and pull a couple of additional degrees of timing out to be safe.... so when the low % Ethanol gets manufactured in Winter, the car will run slightly richer but the timing will be still safe.

E85 is a lot more stable than people would have you believe... the 40L that was in the Terminator has been in there for 4-5 months just sitting there and after the dogbox went in on Wednesday, the car made plenty of power and no issues with detonation whatsoever..... its a very safe and resilient fuel no doubt.

Mothers milk in fact.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote