Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #3688
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
That's correct it is stupid, but it's the problem of the NSW, VIC & ACT Govco because they haven't closed their borders to entry (between states/territories), anyone can wander in because no state or Territory has prevented anyone from actually leaving them, the difference is QLD, WA, SA, Tas and the NT have closed borders to all but essential arrivals….

I’m heading back to Darwin on the 6th July and leaving QLD is no problem at all, I don’t need any paperwork, don’t need to do a thing….getting in to the NT is another thing entirely though including self-isolating for 14 days before leaving and filling out a whole bunch of forms, checklist’s and declarations. When i arrive i will spend the night in a hotel and will have to remain there, the next morning I with the rest of the joining crew will be transported to the ship where we will have to remain for the duration of our swing, no nipping up the road when back in for port calls.....

Hopefully when crew change next comes around the border restrictions between NT & QLD have been relaxed
Due to this stupid move, I reckon QLD will not reopen its border with NSW for a while, maybe even spring.
Imagine all the southern state grey nomads amassing on the southern side of the Tweed, waiting to flood QLD if it opens while it still winter.

Just this weekend we have had an influx of Melbourne refugees hanging around the North East and not abiding by the rules.
They were advised not to leave Melbourne to go on holidays but here they are the stupid f***ers.

DJR stay safe.

2 users like this post: