View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 08:34 PM   #86
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Ranger Raptor filmed testing in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I think you missed my point with surveying Ranger buyers, they are the only people
that Ford seems to survey and accept feedback from. I saw that as an opportunity
for change but was informed above that Ford apparently steers the questions to
get an answer that are self serving to support it's existing stance on the 2.0 diesel.
That's the oldest trick in the book, frame the question so you get the responses you want

My theory is that there's a lack of competition in the Thailand Special market, everyone offers dreary diesel 4 cylinder engines so there is no incentive to offer anything thats a step upwards, its similar to how in the 1980s there were a fair few turbo cars available to the market, then they just completely disappeared in the 1990s/00s until they came back because of emissions regulations then they are all over the place again.

It really needs someone like Hyundai/Kia to enter the market who will offer something above the norm for the whole class to attract buyers to their brand in this category, then the rest will get a kick up the *** and start trying to compete again.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: