View Single Post
Old 24-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #80
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Cool Re: Ranger Raptor filmed testing in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Yes, but 0-100 in double digits is not really performance.

I know people will say that it's not about straight line speed, but dual cabs seem to have the highest average speed out of all vehicle categories on the road. They have some of the worst power to weight ratios and are still the fastest drivers.

I talked myself into it, Little 4 cylinders are the only engine that should be allowed in dual cab utes.
I think you missed my point with surveying Ranger buyers, they are the only people
that Ford seems to survey and accept feedback from. I saw that as an opportunity
for change but was informed above that Ford apparently steers the questions to
get an answer that are self serving to support it's existing stance on the 2.0 diesel.

When you have a high riding ute, the only performance possible is straight line
because the centre of gravity is so high that the just can't corner like a car does.

The trick is finding a balance between acceleration, fuel economy and what is it
that buyers really want. In order to have that serious discussion, Ford needs to
re-evaluate who it sees as its target Ranger buyers, at the moment its content
to sell most of its 4x4 dual cab utes to fleets, small business and novated lease
buyers.

The perception of non-buyers is that Ranger Raptor is bought solely by those
"disappointed performance enthusiasts" but the demographic is mostly small
business and novated lease buyers needing a vehicle to fit regulations. What
is the "antidote" for those actual buyers, is it a true high performance engine
or a slightly bigger diesel that just does everything so much better and with
less fuss?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote