View Single Post
Old 26-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #75
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drag racing is easy you say, no skill, car does all the work, look if you cant do something dont bag it.
My father use to race open wheelers, even after I explained to him whats involved to get a good ET in drag racing he commented that it not that easy a SPORT.

Ok run my car around a circuit (prividing you have the skill level and cars set up) would take around 10 odd laps to get up to a OK pace, yes of course alot more to be quick. Now I do 10 passes at the strip (with car set up properly) in a manual you will be doing very average passes your times all over the place and In a auto maybe not as much trouble but never the less still doing average passes.
What Im trying to say is getting a good ET takes alot of skill/practice the same as doing a quick time on the circuit, hell you say us slower drag racers dont have ball's how can you comment on what some people do you dont know when there not drag racing maybe riding 15' northy bommy or jumping canyons on trail bikes or jumping out of planes etc etc.
If you like circuit racing Im stoked for ya, if you like drag racing Im stoked for ya varity is the spice of life but baging other SPORTS is like baging someone because you dont like the way his hairs parted.

This thread has come about because a few guys said run the car down the strip, regardless what ET you run your mph will show the cars real power no happy strips, no conservitive strips, no bull s*#@t maybe the best dyno in town lol.