View Single Post
Old 19-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #36
JG3282
Awake after dark

Unfortunately good, honest Aussie workers are the minority

A friend of mine had a job interview recently (at a company where he has worked before and knows 90% of the employees) and was told that he was not suited to a job he has 10 years experience in (out of 13 years in the workforce). The interviewer spent the whole hour convincing him he wouldn't like the job and no matter how much he told them all he wanted to do was go to work and do the best job he could, the interviewer knocked him back, even though he had references from two of that company's team leaders.

The person who got the job, has been unemployed since September 2001, can not write or read english, has a basic grip of speaking english, has no car or licence and only applied for the job because Centrelink were going to cancel his dole. He is however getting paid $12.72 p/h compared to the $17.94 p/h that was advertised and is getting subsidised training and free english tutoring.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more

Last edited by JG3282; 19-06-2006 at 01:30 AM. Reason: too late at night to get the info right first time