View Single Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #63
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni
i guess what i was getting at is what had to be changed? was the kit faulty/the springs the wrong size? what was involve in rectifying the problem?

sorry for all the questions, im just really curious. i'm very nervous about changing the factory set up for fear of ing up the wonderful composure of the basic suspension

Uni/.
Will probably never know if rear springs were fraulty or not. The rears were replaced with Lovells. (After some investigation, Lovells actually have some good stuff...despite what I initially thought). From memory they were $75 each (you can buy individually, something Eibach doesn't do).

No worries with the questions...thats what this place is for ;)

The basic Focus suspension setup is pretty good, but the components are still built to a budget. Springs/shocks/bushes/etc are made for cost effiency rather than outright performance so you can always improve things.

...next is the stereo + speakers
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote