View Single Post
Old 12-05-2024, 09:06 AM   #175
onemanempire
One Man

Default Re: Remember when you could ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I do miss my Trading Post browsing

Me to. The last Trading Post paper that I purchased turned out to be a total winner.

I used to flip cars (buy and sell) and was transforming a Silver 1985 VK 4.9 Litre 4 speed into a Brock SS replica.
The car I bought in Ballarat for $3400. It had LPG, 15 Inch Aero wheels, SS side stripes and a cerulean colour interior.
I went to the locally cafe and grabbed a cup of java and sat out the front reading the spare parts section. Well bugger me, there it was, listed... the exact parts I needed to finish the cosmetic side of the Brocky transformation. The parts were:

2 Scheel seats $1000

2 headlight rubber surrounds $100

Eurovox joystick radio $250

Single speaker rear parcel shelf $75

Front lower lip spoiler $180

Front Billstein big bore shocks $150

27mm front sway bar $120

Man I was so broke after seeing that guy.. but so glad that he had what I wanted.
Ended up selling it. After all was said and done, plus 2 months of solid work. That translated into 11500 gorillas.

The final result was spot on. T5 5 speed, factory SS baffled sump, HEI Dizzy, 10 bolt LSD, Correct intake manifold, LPG removed, rear deck lid spoiler and gas strut installed to keep boot lid open, correct trim ($250 per metre, need 3 metres), SS grill and decal, Momo 270mm steering wheel

and signed horn pad (Peter Brock), basically, the guy that bought it actually owned an original VK SS. I caught up with him a few weeks later by chance, and he told me that it drives better than his original SS.

That made me feel pretty good.