View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 08:27 AM   #5818
onemanempire
One Man

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
I CBFd doing stuff like that anymore. Their car, their problem, their defect.

Yeah, same here..
I was heading upto Renmark from Adelaide some years ago and saw a BA Falcon pulled over in a parking bay with the bonnet open. There were about 5 elderly Indian people all out of the car (outside temp was like 38+ degrees) looking agitated. No, I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally!
I turn around and head back to help them out. Turns out the Falcon was on LPG and had run low on coolant and you can guess the rest (frozen convertor). I always carried a 5 litre bottle of water in the boot. So I refilled reservoir with 5 litres. Nope. Still not enough. So I used my personal drinking water to top it off.
Fired it up and just like magic, it ran fine. There was some mumbling amongst them. All but the driver hopped back in. Driver looks at me... closes the bonnet, without saying a word, hops back in the car and boots off. No thanks, no offer of money, no Jack Sheeit.
Some people are just thankless.
Keeping in mind I did it to help, not to get a reward.. A thanks was all that was needed to make me feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Years ago, somewhere on the old Pacific Goat-track near Ballina, driving at the speed allowed by the crap conditions, I came up behind a car that had a very wobbly rear passenger wheel, but not being driven slowly as the driver seemed unaware.
Flashed my lights, blew the horn, made gestures for him to pull over. Nope. Ignored.
When we got to a small town, he pulled over, and bounced out of his car full of aggro. I calmly got out, told him he had a loose wheel, and he wanted to argue about it. Walked to the wheel, gave it a shove with my foot and it moved about 2 inches, and had 3 loose nuts just holding it on.
No apology, no thanks, no comment. Just stood gormlessly looking at it while I walked back to my car.

I CBFd doing stuff like that anymore. Their car, their problem, their defect.