View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 12:06 PM   #35
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Cruiser Dieselgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Catalytic converter converts the nasties that come out the exhaust into less nasties when they go through it, uses shit like expensive metals to do it - they get poisoned/killed if your car runs too rich because of problems.

If we had mandatory yearly emissions tests in VIC I reckon 90% of the shitboxes on our roads would fail, including all of mine

Been mandatory on unleaded engines since the mid 1980s, around the time leaded fuel got the *** on all new cars at the time.
And I would say they might be sort of effective at idle and maybe putting around town, but at 100 down the freeway they cant get it all, its like when they had the air pumps on petrol motors, the emissions the motor emits were still the same, they just diluted it with clean air into the exhaust to reduce what it read at the tail pipe, what a joke that was, just like saying here we have 4 litres of sulfuric acid, we will dilute it with 100 litres of water now it should be safe to drink?, its still sulfuric acid.

Ok the cat will give it a second burn, but will it burn it all when you are at full tilt, that I very much doubt, what comes out the tailpipe still contains the nasties, at a lower level than if they don't have a cat, sure, but it has not eliminated what a engine produces, as we still get some nasties out the tailpipe.

Then the DPF burn, what crap is it spewing out when it does this, the way I see it the engine runs, the DPF collects the nasties, then you do a DPF burn down the track and it dumps all the nasties you have collected, you cant say that these are efficient and really don't let any of the nasties spew out?, sure they might be fine when the vehicle is new, but I doubt it after a few years.

Just look at California where you have to have your vehicle smog tested, you wont see too many older cars on the road there.

Last edited by prktkljokr; 04-02-2024 at 12:16 PM.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: