View Single Post
Old 29-01-2024, 09:17 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Camshafts ADV & RET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
a stock off the floor 5.8L 4sp i am talking about.
Just as my Car is stock.
Sure mine does not have the torque of a 5.8L XD.

You know what i once bought a new XG Longreach ute 4.0L 5sp and had run my mates 5.8L stock XC with dual exhaust and he went out directly and bought a XG Longreach himself but found out the next day that it was speed limited to 180 KM/H and he rang them up at Ford and abused the hell out of them for that.
Mine was pre ED Falcon and i think it was the ED Falcon's that first got 180 speed limited.

Mine was speed limited to 210 KM/H.

But i remember running a XY GT side by side both from 100KM/H to 210KM/H all the way.

Not to mention my wife's stock Aurion would kill any stock GT even a XY GT.
Thats because ADR27A/emissions stuff cripped all the old gear, it was a shitful era, then add in unleaded fuel being pox on its introduction in the mid 1980s, and it took until the 2000s for American 8 cylinder stuff to catch up to where they were in the 1960s with high compression ratios, no emissions crippling and leaded fuel.

Mind you Europe was doing much more powerful 6 and 8 cylinder stuff in the 1990s than the Americans, but it wasn't exactly in reach of the average punter, Mercedes 500SL and its M119 V8 comes to mind, its up about 100KW on a 5L Wheezer. Both naturally aspirated, 8 cylinders and 5L.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...16064371/?Cr=4

Look at this thing, absolute beast - I don't particularly like convertibles but this thing looked MINT, I'd become a hair dresser yesterday with pride if I had one of those.

Aurion beating a 1970s car is like bragging about beating Dylan Alcott in a race up a set of stairs, compare a 1971 Toyota Crown with its 2.6L I6 making 81KW against an XY GT with its 351C for a more apt comparison.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 29-01-2024 at 09:31 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: