View Single Post
Old 28-10-2023, 02:09 PM   #5
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ford cutting EV production

I guess we'll just ignore that Ford had a production stop due to the fire issue (F150). They needed to stop to identify if it was a design flaw or a manufacturing issue (turned out to be the latter). But that would've spooked buyers. And the price creep happening on the car.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, the whole market is struggling in the US with the economy in the toilet.

Just goes to show how far ahead Tesla are with their designs to make EVs so profitable. Ford need to change their approach to EVs. Toyota has recognised that and are changing their method to build their cars.

All the learnings that Tesla went through years ago. You can't build an EV profitably using old manufacturing techniques.

Mach E is going to be smoked in Australia. I love the Mach E (and as someone who buys EVs, I'd be their target market) and the GT seats are awesome but no way would I buy one, no matter how big a Ford fan I am, for $15k+ over a Model Y. Rear seat room is much less and the boot space is also compromised. Not paying a premium for a smaller car with less range, performance and a mechanical steering adjustment!

Last edited by kypez; 28-10-2023 at 02:24 PM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: