View Single Post
Old 26-08-2023, 02:16 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Road safety experts propose levy on large SUVs in city to curb rising Victorian road deaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I wonder why this minority group get so upset with other people choosing to buy a different style of vehicle to them. Maybe they weren't hugged enough as a child or something.

On my work commute I'm surrounded by vehicles of all different shapes and sizes. Trucks, buses, vans, trade vehicles, utes, suvs, passenger cars etc etc. Hardly worth getting upset over. Making assumptions as to how the vehicle is used or why it's bought is just getting you ready for an early retirement underground.
Its an attitude that permeates our culture - everyone is worried about what the other bloke is doing rather than running their own race.

My favorite example of this is the DCOA monthly compilations and you get some loser who yells out the other persons number plate like its actually going to do something or the police are going to find it.

Do I like Thailand Specials and SUVs - No.

Do I want extra levies and taxes on Thailand Specials and SUVs? Also no.

Go look at r/Melbourne on reddit and watch them froth at the mouth over American utes, there's a thread every day where people are taking photos of them in inner suburbia and all the greens voting communists come out demanding they get taken off the road, insinuating that they're compensating for lacking downstairs and all other nonsense.

You say its a minority, and sure its a minority, they tend to congregate around knife edge electorates though, ones that our state government is desperately trying to hold onto.

There's an insidious political tone to these sorts of 'issues' and everyone gets caught in the crossfire.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 26-08-2023 at 02:25 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: